Data Collection and use
Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon collects, processes and retains data for use in campaigning and associated activities. Siobhian Brown for Ayr,Prestwck and Troon also retains and processes data that is necessary for the administration of its own internal governance and membership systems.
Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon takes its responsibilities in relation to data protection very seriously, and we are committed to placing the rights of individuals at the centre of how we collect, hold and process personal information.
Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon has a role in engaging with voters as part of the democratic process. Data protection law recognises that it is in the public interest for political groups to collect and process personal information, including about political opinions to fulfil this important role.
We collect data in several circumstances, such as when:
- You complete a form on this website, or if you fill out a form delivered by an Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon representative
- You have a conversation on the doorstep or over the phone with an Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon representative about your views
- You interact with us online, including on social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter. This includes where you interact with us on social media profiles. This is where you are subscribed or following a specific page. We will never use this service where we do not have your consent.
We analyse and use the data we collect in a variety of ways, and combine them (sometimes referred to as “profiling”), to:
- contact you to canvass your political support and ascertain your voting intentions
- manage the internal governance of our supporter database
- communicate with you about our policies, campaigns, events, and opportunities to get involved with Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon.
- understand what issues are most likely to be relevant to each elector and each area,
- decide to whom we should send our campaign materials and messages,
- choose which messages and content we put on the materials we send to you, or show you on social media,
- ensure that donations you make to us are lawful,
- help us understand in which areas, at which times of day, and with which people we should focus our campaigning efforts, and
- inform the development of our policy position for future elections and referendums at every level.
When you sign up as a supporter, we will collect, hold, and process personal information to service the contract that you enter with Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon in such circumstances.
On some occasions, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or agree to volunteer for the party, we will collect, hold, and process personal information based on your explicit consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
In all cases we will be clear and transparent about how we use your personal information, only use it for the purposes for which it has been obtained and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to maintain its security.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information visit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/ for more information
Site registration and emails from Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon
When you register onto the site or subscribe to our emails, we may ask you for contact information (such as your name and e-mail address), geographic information (such as your postcode and constituency), other details about you and your interests with your explicit consent. This is used to help us provide you with information from the Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you to campaigns you may be interested in and events happening in your area.
To volunteer (pledge your support)
We ask for your contact details, postcode, and information on the type of volunteer work you are interested in with your explicit consent. This information helps us identify suitable volunteer opportunities for you within Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon. Donating to Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon.
Who we share your information with
We will never sell or share your personal information with other organisations for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
How we protect your information
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control.
Your information rights
You have several rights in relation to your personal information and the opportunity to choose how it is used. You can:
- Obtain copies of the personal information the Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon holds about you (known as a “subject access request”)
- Request that the Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon corrects or update personal information we hold about you.
- Ask that Siobhian Brown for Ayr, Prestwick and Troon erases or restrict the way in which we use your information. This includes asking that we do not process information relating to your political opinions.
- We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly, and other changes are processed twice a month.
Contacting us and further information:
You have the right to raise any issues or concerns directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/